Cardiac Cycle, Phases of Cardiac Cycle, Cardiac Cycle & ECG Nursing Students
Electrical Events of the Cardiac Cycle ECG and electrical activity of the heart.
The electrical and mechanical events that occur from the beginning of one heartbeat at the beginning of the next heartbeat is called cardiac cycle.
There are total seven phases of cardiac cycle these are
1. Atrial systole
2. Isovolumetric ventricular contraction
3. Rapid ventricular ejection
4. Reduced ventricular ejection
5. Isovolumetric ventricular relaxation
6. Rapid ventricular filling
7. Reduced ventricular filling (diastasis)